Monday, January 7, 2008

e-harmo-not

I had my first date with an eharmony match this past weekend. I'd say it was a good date overall .. but one of those dates where even though you can call it good, you can still tell there's not going to be a second one.

We got along really well; we both talked a lot, because we just kept coming up with tons of stuff to talk about. He made me laugh, and he laughed at stuff I said too. I could tick off lots of good qualities about him, based on what I know about him and my impressions of him: intelligent, really great dry sense of humor (my favorite kind), mature yet a little bit boyish too, cute in his own way. I think he saw good qualities in me too. So why, oh why, wasn't there any chemistry? Sigh.

Because that's what was lacking, I think; it seemed beforehand like we would get along great, and even though we basically did get along great, well, there just wasn't any spark there, no chemistry, no flirtation - - great conversation, lots of laughs, but in a purely friendly way; not in a flirty way.

I have to rank it as a successful first try though. With eharmony, and with just in general getting back out there again. Even though I think he and I both realized we're not going to be an eharmony success story, still, we both put forth a good effort, and had a nice day together. And you're never going to meet a guy you really like if you don't meet any guys at all, I figure. (That's my keen logic at work there. I'm smart that way.)

So now on to the next slew of new matches ... including one who told me he's definitely interested, and wants to talk on the phone if I'm up for it. Sure thing; I'm up for it - he seems really nice too, interesting, and kinda cute, based on his picture. I'm not going to get my hopes up about this one too much though - - after all, he is a lawyer, and as I know only too well, lawyers are often just no fucking fun to date.

No comments: