Thursday, January 10, 2008

Fun new distraction

So I posted yesterday about the guy I met through eharmony who I just talked to, finally, on the phone for the first time last night. And like I said, we talked for an hour and half, without even realizing how late it had gotten by the end of the conversation. Well, we exchanged work emails so that we could email during the day today (because my office filters our internet access so I can't log on to eharmony from work); and I probably spent a third of my time at work today (well ok, maybe not that much ... but at least a fourth of my time at work today) emailing him and reading his emails in return.

What I love about this is just the new interest, the distraction of the new interest, the feeling like I could keep writing forever in my emails to him and not get tired of it, the surprised smile that I smiled each time an email notification from him popped on my computer screen at work today, how after that first email I knew each of the next ones would be really enjoyable to read so each time one popped up I actually settled down with a new cup of hot tea (yeah, I'm into drinking hot tea right now, mostly instead of coffee and/or diet coke) for a good read. I like that his emails are a bit lengthy, conversational, entertaining and divulging new information each time; and I like that he likes that I tend to write emails the same way. (One of my very, very small pet peeves is when I find myself writing really long emails to good friends because I feel like I have a lot to tell them, and then only getting a very short email in reply, because that's just the way they are most of the time with email ... short and quick. It's anticlimactic to me. I like to settle in for a nice read when I see a new email from a good friend who I don't talk to face-to-face or over the phone very much, who I mostly just email with.)

So anyway, this is my new fun distraction, and I'm enjoying it. I figure it's going to taper down eventually and probably not turn into anything, because that's just the way things seem to go. But my day at work today sure did go by really fast, faster than usual, and he was the reason why, and that makes me happy at the end of the day.

1 comment:

JLee said...

I always loved that part of discovering someone and grinning at each new email :)
Good luck, girl!