Wednesday, January 16, 2008

The future is looking bright. (Or, oh my ....)

Ladies and gentlemen, I have an announcement to make. If any of you have read my blog for long enough, and/or ever checked out my sex goddess blog, you must know by now that I am a very sexual person. Unfortunately I have not had an opportunity to express that in a one-on-one in-person situation for a couple of years now, due to unfortunate (to me anyway) living situation/circumstances, but that hasn't kept me from feeling and thinking the things I do ... and before this last great big dry spell, well, I managed to satiate my passions in lots of ways, with actual other living-breathing-here-in-person people. This dry spell though, given how long it's lasted, and the fact that every guy I've met at all here where I live in the past however-many years has just not seemed to be as interested, whether it's a natural conservative nature or unexposure or religion or old-fangled notions of "southern gentlemen" and "southern ladies" or just pure uninterest or what have you, well, it had pretty much about made me give up hope for the future and, even more depressing and unfair I now see, give up enough of my own interest to make me actually motivated to seek out what I so desire. Out of a sheer sense of boredom coupled with a feeling that I should at least make an actual token effort (I say token effort b/c I had no faith that it would pay out in the end) at finding something I've been lacking for so long, I signed up for eharmony, the online dating service you see all those cheezy commercials for on tv. I signed up in November, shortly before Thanksgiving, and frankly it was starting to look like what I had thought - - a waste of time and effort. I met a bunch of freaks and a bunch of bores online; I briefly held hope that one guy might be of real interest, but it just wasn't the case when we met in person a couple weekends ago. And so when I kept getting these nice emails from this one guy all this time that were kind of spread out and nice and interesting but in that really polite kind of way, I didn't expect it to turn out to be of any real interest to me ... and then when I found out he's another lawyer here in town, well, I was just about ready to write him off. But I tell you what, I am glad I didn't, at least yet ... because I tell you what folks, even though we have yet to have our first date, that's coming up this Friday, but we actually already know each other we realized (just from years ago when we once worked for the same big law firm here in town) and have been emailing and talking a lot these last few days, I am prepared to now say: I may have met my sexual match. Holy fucking shit, but the future is looking bright indeed....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is fantastic!