Wednesday, February 25, 2009

"A large penis is always welcome."

I don't get HBO, just the basic cable channels for me. I wish now I did get it though. But I suppose it's because I don't that I'd not known much of anything about this show "Rome" on HBO. I was recently introduced to it, however, through a friend. And I have to say, I fucking love it.

It's entertaining, to me, on many levels: I like historical fiction, I've always had an affinity for mythology and old Rome, and I love a good juicy storyline with lots of sex and drama and action and comedy and naked people. And this show seems to have all of that, and more.

I'm still in the first season. I've only seen 5 shows so far. Well actually, the one I'm watching tonight is the 6th. And I'm loving Atia. She's gorgeous and sexy and smart but hard and cold and bitchy and conniving, all in an entertaining way. (Who loves a good girl anyway, right? At least on tv.)

And I do have to agree with her, as she's picking out a male slave to send as a gift to a female friend she screwed over in a previous episode and is now trying to win back over as a friend: a large penis IS always welcome. And holy mother, what a large penis that is, too. Goddamn, I need to get HBO.

1 comment:

X said...

you know, I apologize as I haven't read your blog in a while, but I had this impulse to read it tonight and lo and behold the topic I see... it must be some kind of sign