Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Good way to make extra income? Hmmm....

It seems like I've been hearing more and more lately about people who actually pay other people to give their dogs massages. Like, pay a ridiculous amount of money for this service.

Well back when my parents had dogs, I loved petting them, and I'd often end up giving them a sort of massage while I was petting them. Dogs are just so receptive to it - I mean, they just turn into putty when you massage them. Not like my cats - one of my cats likes to be petted a lot, sure, but the other one hardly likes being petted at all; and at any rate, it's not like petting a dog. Dogs just stay still and let their jaws hang open and their tongues roll out their mouths and salivate and love it and just hope you don't stop.

So I'm thinking to myself, if there are people out there willing to actually pay someone else money to massage their dogs, heck, maybe I should advertise somewhere that I'd be willing to do this? I actually like it, it's fun petting dogs, and I used to dig my fingers into my parents' dogs' muscles to work them some, massage them, but w/o doing it too hard ... gently, I'm talking; my fingers massaging their muscles in gentle circles. And they loved it. Hmm, I might have to keep this in mind. I am, after all, in a bit of a financial crunch right now ... went on a few too many shopping sprees the past few months, and it's catching up with me big time right now; I could use some extra moolah.

Of course, those kinds of people probably only want to pay people to massage their dogs who have certificates in dog massage therapy or something. Maybe that's not such a workable idea after all. Well, if anyone knows of any other good ways to earn some extra fash cash, please, by all means, let me know ... I need to make up the next couple months for all the spending and shopping I've done the past couple months. And as sensible as it is to just scrimp and save in this kind of situation until you catch up again and what have you, unfortunately scrimping and saving has just never been my thing.

No comments: