Friday, February 22, 2008

The Day of Compliments

I received good compliments from people today.

They made me happy because, well, it always feels good to get compliments, and I don't get them all that often (it feels like anyway).

First, two different people I work with told me that my hair looks really pretty today. Like, at different times of the day. Really? Aww, thanks, I said, kinda surprised, b/c it was said like maybe I'd done something different to it recently, but I haven't. Except that I have been using a new shampoo, from Bath and Body Works, coconut lime verbena moisturizing shampoo and conditioner. And it did seem like my hair felt extra soft this morning when I was blowing it dry.

Second, at the end of a meeting at the end of the day today, after finally coming to a decision with my clients on how to proceed on something that had been a somewhat grey and sticky situation and required lots of legal research and advice and general discussion to resolve, one of my clients told me that I am "a very smart attorney." I thanked her, and she followed up by saying "I mean it, I actually said the same thing to [so-and-so, this woman's boss] last week ... you're a very smart attorney. I'm glad we have you working with us." Well that just made me smile so big I thought my face would split, I was so happy.

Between the two, though, it would be hard to pick which compliment I really liked best ... I mean it's nice to hear that your client thinks you're a smart attorney, and appreciates you and the work you do ... but it's super, super nice to know that you have good hair, and that other people notice and think it's pretty :D

3 comments:

JLee said...

Why not have it all? ha
I love the smell of the coconut lime verbena stuff...

sadielady said...

I love the smell too, isn't it good? I've always been a fan of verbena, and the coconut just makes it that much better.

ps Happy Anniversary, woman!! :)

JLee said...

Thank you!