Sunday, March 15, 2009

The painting, continued...

Well, I didn't like the extra piece of fruit I added. So I took it off. But I still thought it could use something else. So since I took off the extra piece of fruit in the bottom corner, I decided to add something to the wall in the background. A mirror. And once I did that, I thought the cobalt blue rim on the tray was too much, so I painted over that as well. Not sure what I'm going to do with it from here. This may all be a mistake too. Hmmm. We'll see.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

this is my favourite so far, i think the mirror gives it a better balance, otherwise the background was too strong on its own.

Gotta be honest,i'm not even slightly surprised to see the bottle of wine appear in the painting and i'm gonna go ahead and assume its empty too.

The painting is cool, but your camera sucks butt!

This is my last week as a lawyer. The light at the end of the tunnel is growing bright.

Hope all is well.

sadielady said...

Yeah, I think I'm liking the mirror. I think it needed something back there.
I took the pictures with the camera in my phone, which does take really crappy pictures unfortunately. I have a real camera somewhere, but damn if I can't find it. Anyway, I've since painted the frame of the mirror a different color, and I've adjusted the background colors a little bit. I need to work on the fruit some more though.

Congrats on this being your last week as a lawyer. I'm a little jealous. Good luck with your next step!