Wednesday, March 18, 2009

You've come a long way, baby.

It feels like I've come full circle in my legal career today, in a way.

For the first time today, I presented oral argument on appeal from a big case I tried a couple years ago to the Court where I clerked my first year out of law school. Back then I was a brand new lawyer, fresh out of law school, learning my way, clerking for the chief judge of the appellate court, reading appellate briefs daily, listening with respect to more seasoned lawyers present oral argument, and helping to draft court opinions. Today, I was one of those more seasoned lawyers presenting the oral argument. It felt good.

Especially since I KILLED IT. YEAH!!!!!!!

I argued before a panel of 3 appellate judges. One of the three was a judge on that bench back when I clerked there all those years ago. After oral arguments in this court, the judges always shake the hands of the lawyers who presented the argument. When this particular judge shook my hand today, she smiled and winked at me. That was cool, too.

Oh, and by the way, did I mention that I KILLED IT in court today? Yeah I did. WOOHOO!!!! I've come a long way, baby.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome! Nicely done, dude!

Anonymous said...

Woohoo awesome stuff, glad to hear it!

Last day. Spent all morning in Court for two clients. One didn't show up and has run off and the other is halfway through a trial which is now adjourned until Monday - which means.... i don't have to deal with either anymore, because today is my last day.

Hope all is well Sadielady, will continue to read your awesome blog, just not as often.

The picture looks good, maybe you should change the mirror into a picture behind the fruit bowl? or a window? then theres no reason to worry about the reflection.

I just hope the rest of this day goes smoothly, then 6 months holiday (and its glorious weather at the moment) and then back to University - ahh the sweet life.

Again, congratulations on the awesome blog. Oh and on the Appeal.