Friday, March 20, 2009

Friday Night

I cut out of work a little early today, to catch a 4:30 movie. I saw "I love you, man." It was pretty funny ... I'd kinda hoped it would be a bit better than it was, but still, it was entertaining.

Watching Bruce Springsteen perform on the Daily Show right now. I love Bruce. I don't know what it is about his music, his voice, his lyrics, shit maybe it's just his harmonica ... whatever it is, it resonates with me. Makes me feel.

Bought a salmon filet earlier that I was planning on cooking for dinner tonight, but right now I'm so into the crab dip and crackers and chardonnay that I got at the same time I bought the salmon, that I'm starting to think I'm going to stick with snacking on the crab dip and crackers for dinner tonight, save the salmon for tomorrow night.

I'm still trying to figure out what I need to do to my painting. I've been playing with the fruit, I could probably keep playing with the fruit forever; but I still can't figure out what to do with the background. I decided the mirror thing felt like it made the whole canvas too busy, and it just wasn't right, so I painted over it. I still feel like it needs something else on the top half of the canvas though; I just can't figure out quite what. I'm thinking I might end up not putting anything back there at all, but if I can think of something small enough, just to add a little extra something, then maybe ... who knows. Anyway, here's the latest:

No comments: