Saturday, March 14, 2009

More of the painting in progress


I decided to add another piece of fruit to my painting since my last post. Not sure if that was a good idea or not. And I've got a lot of bright colors going on right now; I'm not really crazy about them, but that'll change as I keep working on it. Although I do kind of like the cobalt blue on the rim I added to the serving dish. But it still feels kind of ... off, somehow. Like something's either missing or not right. In the general layout, I mean. Maybe I shouldn't have painted my table on the diagonal, maybe that's what's throwing me; or maybe I should've put the whole tray of fruit more in the middle ... it looks like it's about to fall off the bottom of the canvas. Hmmm. Well, I guess I'll keep playing with it for a while; maybe once I get the colors looking more the way I want them, get the fruit looking "fatter," as my teacher said my pears looked, then I'll start digging it. Right now I'm kind of ho-hum. But still having fun, which is the whole point really.

No comments: