Saturday, March 15, 2008

Update on the hometown guy:

I emailed with him several times today, then we talked at length on the phone tonight. I'm definitely going to meet up with him soon - probably in the hometown; I've been needing to visit the parents anyway, they're always asking when I'm coming home for another visit. Man, it still cracks me up that I got matched up with someone on eharmony who grew up in my small town; I mean we know so many people in common, it's just too funny.

By the way, he told me that I'm probably the only person in my immediate family that he doesn't really know (he knows my parents and my sister pretty well) ... then he added "but I did see you for the first time when you were only a few days old. I was six. You probably don't remember." God that makes me want to marry him, just to be able to tell people that that's how we first met, even though we didn't really meet again until 33 years later.

3 comments:

JLee said...

Sounds like serendipity :)

sadielady said...

It's too funny ... we've thought of several different events that we both attended over the years (our much younger years) where we definitely crossed paths, just didn't take notice of one another at the time ... for example, his band played at the first high school party I ever went to; it was my first high school party, and his last. It cracks me up to now be matched up randomly on eharmony, and to be hitting it off so well so far. Man, he's great - seems so so far, at any rate. We're going out next Thursday night; woohoo! :)

sadielady said...

Btw, we've both now told our respective parents that we've been matched up on eharmony, and have been talking and hitting it off ... both our parents are thrilled. That cracks me up too. :)