Friday, March 14, 2008

Oh, how funny ...

I was just matched up on eharmony with a guy from my hometown - - my very, very small hometown - - whose family I've known all my life. How funny.

I didn't recognize his picture, and I only had a first name to go on, so I didn't realize who he was until he pieced it together and wrote me back filling me in. He and I know each other's parents and brothers and sisters fairly well (my older sister and his younger brother are the same age and were good friends in high school, and our parents know each other really well, our dads are both doctors in our small town and colleagues), but I guess he and I were too far apart in age (six years) to have crossed paths much as kids, and then he left town before I even started high school. But I guess he moved back there at some point, and has been back for a while. Is divorced, with a young daughter. And is friendly with my parents. And now he and I were randomly matched on eharm.

Actually, this is the third guy I've been matched up with on eharmony that I had some weird connection with: one guy was my brother-in-law's business banker; another guy was a lawyer who worked at my old big firm at the same time I did; and now this, a guy whose family is friends with my family and who is back living in my hometown.

I guess if we decided to go out on a date, that fact could be kinda convenient; I could drive down there, go out with him, and then spend the night with my parents. Oh no, it's going to be high school all over again.

No comments: