Tuesday, March 4, 2008

This probably is not a good sign.

I have an appellate brief due tomorrow. It must be filed by 5pm tomorrow afternoon.

I have an extremely long, extremely rough draft at this point. It needs a lot of work to be ready to be filed.

Strangely, I am not upset by this prospect. I'm not feeling any anxiety, stress, panic, adrenaline; not really worried, not really worked up about it. Huh. That confuses me. Usually at this point I would be pretty freaking out and pumped up, practically pulling my hair out and typing madly on the computer and barking at anyone who so much as pops their head in my office to say hello, because I'd feel I had no time for hellos. (No time for hellos, is that a song?) Weird that I haven't hit that point yet.

Probably not a good thing either, since it's usually that big burst of adrenaline that pushes me through the final stages of a big brief like this, that makes it all come together in a good way by the deadline.

Eh, most likely I just haven't had enough coffee yet this morning. Give me a few hours, and I bet the panic starts to set in.

No comments: