Monday, June 15, 2009

cocktails with the lady lawyers

Tonight I went out for a couple drinks after work with a few female attorneys I know through work. A couple drinks turned into many. And a few female attorneys turned into a pretty huge table full.

I stayed later than I thought I would partly because of a tremendous downpour, a thunderstorm that seemed to last forever and partly flooded the streets. But I'm glad I did; I had a good time.

The funny thing is, the three other women closest to my age left after the first hour, before the rainstorm began. And so I found myself spending a couple hours with a table full of women my mom's age, getting pretty damn buzzed.

Although that's not actually the funny part I guess. The funny part, to me, is that the group of women, all of that age, that I ended up spending the most time with and getting toasted with, are a group of female lawyers who are really close friends with one another, (and who are, with the exception of one, still single, once the three younger, married, women my age had left), while not "out," are generally known (or suspected, I guess, since they're not out), to be lesbians. The kind that were probably always good at p.e. in high school, and who fanatically follow womens' basketball. If that makes sense without being offensively stereotypical (which I don't meant to be. I'm guessing about the p.e. part, but I know the basketball part is true. Not that that necessarily means anything. But shit, it probably does).

And by the end of the evening, I was totally being attempted to be (ahem, bad grammar, but I'm a bit drunk) recruited into the group. They tried to get me to stay later; I didn't. They made me promise to come back out with them again; I did. They said they needed new blood. I hope they just meant for cocktail hour. But since I am the age I am, and am single, never married, no boyfriend, well shit, who knows what they think of me. I just might give off that hopefully unoffensive stereotpye vibe myself, given my circumstances.

At any rate, by the end of my fifth cocktail, after having really had a good time with them all, with one woman in particular nudging me a lot and practically begging me to promise to come out with them again, well, I'm kind of thinking back on my night and hoping I didn't unintentionally lead anyone on.

And shit, how's that for an evening out?

I'm off to bed. (Although actually, no I'm not, I'm probably going to drink more, to tell the truth, and paint. And since my current project is a female nude, given this post and my circumstances, shit, I probably would wonder about my own sexuality, if I didn't know myself as well as I do and know my crave of cock.)

(And p.s. - fuck, I think I'm drunk - , I frankly wouldn't mind at all being gay, because dammit I think I could score pussy a hell of a lot easier than I can score cock. Which means I'd probably be getting laid a lot more often than I am. Which I would love. Except I want cock, not pussy. Dammit.)

3 comments:

ChicagoSane said...

Nothing wrong with teasing, I always say.

And some of the lesbian cougars are HOT, damn it. I say hook it up, why not?

sadielady said...

I agree about the teasing.

As for the lesbianism, I might not be opposed to trying it if I were purely on the receiving end of everything. That might be kind of hot, actually. But I don't know if I could reciprocate if it came down to it. Hmm.

X said...

that's an exciting Monday! this IMOL retirment thing is a real drag on the weekday social scene...