Monday, June 8, 2009

btw,

while I was in the doctor's office this morning, lying on the table, naked from the waist up, waiting on the doctor to come in and the ultrasound to begin, the nurse and technician both stepped out for a moment, leaving me all alone. While alone, I curiously glanced all around the ultrasound room, checking out all the equipment that I'd been too anxious to even think about checking out last time. And I noticed that on the little stand next to my bed and next to the ultrasound machine, there was a stack of cloths and tissues, on top of which lay a little square package, labeled "trojan."

That's right, there was a condom on top of the stack of linens and tissues and such next to the ultrasound machine. And if you read my earlier post, you'd remember that I described having a breast ultrasound as having someone lube up a dildo with warm gel and then rub the head of it all over your boob. But I didn't think last time to actually look too closely at that wand thingy that the doctor was rubbing all over my breast, and dammit even today after seeing the trojan condom sitting right there while I was waiting and made a mental note to myself to pay attention when the doctor came in as to how that condom would be used during the procedure, I STILL forgot to actually pay attention once we got going. I was busy talking to the nurse and worrying and shit, and didn't notice whether he (the doctor), as I now suspect, rolled that condom over the wand thingy that he used to rub over my boob to do the ultrasound. I mean I guess that maybe it makes some kind of sense that that's what they would use to keep those ultrasound wands hygienic? I mean, those wands are sort of dildo-esque, and thinking of how many women they're used on, they are also sort of slutty-esque, so I guess a trojan would be appropriate in those circumstances.

It's a question, at any rate, that I meant to clear up during my appointment, and am now so totally disappointed in myself that I forgot to ask.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It might be used for an internal ultrasound exam of the vagina. Did they use it for your exam or was it still there when you were done?

sadielady said...

Well that would make more sense. I forgot to look to see if it was still there when I was done, but I was thinking to myself afterwards, "surely I would have noticed if he had torn it open and rolled it onto the wand while I was in the room." So I think maybe he didn't use it.