Wednesday, May 27, 2009

So I haven't been very dedicated to my new hobby, painting, in the past couple months. I've had the same unfinished project sitting around for a while now. But I'm finally focusing on it again, and getting closer to finishing it.

I'm too lazy right now to link to older posts with pictures of earlier versions of this painting, (I'd promised myself to take and post pictures along the way so I could remember what it looked like all along the way), but here's my latest version - still needs more work, the pears in particular and some more detailing, to outline the fruit and all, but I don't know; I'm kinda a little bit happy with how it's looking, what do ya think? And be kind, it's only my second real painting project ever.



2:20 a.m. update - - - sleepless night. decided to keep painting. decided i'm done with the painting. because i'm ready to be done with the painting. so here it is:



Next week i start my new art class ... ready for a new project!

2 comments:

ChicagoSane said...

I could actually use some locally-grown art for my living room. Interested in selling a future piece?

Cool stuff, dig that you're reviving a passion.

sadielady said...

Hmm, I'll keep that in mind.

Actually, I'm thinking that maybe, with this new hobby, I'll have some good cheap Christmas presents to give family this coming year. I mean seriously, how could my mom not love a painting by her daughter, even if it isn't anything she'd want to hang on the wall in a room where company usually comes, you know? It'll be like kindergarten all over again, only the art projects will be better hopefully.