Saturday, January 31, 2009

Now that's what I call theater

Tonight I saw a production of Les Liaisons Dangereuses at a local theater. It was quite good: the cast was talented, the theater itself was fairly small and intimate, and the play was wickedly funny. Oh, and did I mention there was nudity? Ah, yes. There was.

What struck me the most about the nudity part of the play was how the two actresses who disrobed were both slender and very large breasted. Naturally so, it appeared. And pretty. And they were good actresses. Now, that just seems not fair, doesn't it? Why should some people get it all?

But, as a member of the audience, I was happy that the two women getting naked onstage were attractive with nice slender yet curvy and full in the right places kinds of bodies. And it was fun to watch the bad boy, the Vicomte de Valmont, woo them so playfully and sensuously in the bed onstage. Those scenes were funny and sexy at the same time. I think I was a bit jealous, actually. Only, I'm not sure which one of the actors I was most jealous of, to tell the truth: the voluptuous women, or the Vicomte who got to lay on top of them and seductively caress their breasts. I think I'll have another glass of wine while I dwell on that question.

No comments: