Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Thanksgiving

So, I mentioned before that there was going to be a hot single man up in the mountains with me as I spent the Thanksgiving holiday with my sister and brother in law and their two kids; a friend of theirs who is going through a divorce, who I met about a month and a half ago and was looking forward to getting to know better over our holiday weekend in the mountain cabin. Turns out I got to know him better than I expected, but on an entirely different level than I was plotting in my fantasies.

I was woken up at 6:30 a.m. on Thanksgiving morning by my sister, who told me she was about to rush her husband down the mountain into the nearest city to a hospital, due to severe abdominal pains that had gone on for hours by that point. I got on up, got the kids fed and dressed when they woke up, broke the news to their friend when he woke up, and then, hours later, got the news from my sister that my brother in law was going to have some major surgery later that afternoon. What a Thanksgiving for them, huh?

My brother in law is doing okay at this point, btw, but he is still in the hospital at this point, as I write this. Recovering from the surgery. Should be home by the weekend.

My sister spent all her time, including her nights, at the hospital with him, helping look out for him and just being with him. Which left me and the hot man friend of theirs alone in the mountain cabin with the kids on Thanksgiving day - three kids: my niece and nephew, and his son, who is my nephew's age. All alone. Well, until my mom came up there to help out with things, that is.

It was a pretty strange holiday weekend, dealing with my brother in law's illness and all the consequences. But the friend hung in there the entire weekend, and I ended up spending a lot more time talking to him than I'd ever thought I would as a result. And in the end it came down to this: I am so so soooo crushing on this guy.

He is adorable. Hot, and adorable at the same time. Easygoing and cool and friendly, a willing to take charge yet also willing to go along with whatever everyone else wants to do kind of guy. Tall, strong. Hot. Tall. Strong. Did I mention hot and tall and strong? Yeah. And sweet as could be with those kids. I never thought the sight of a big strong hot man rocking a little five year old boy to sleep at night then carrying him to bed and tucking him in would make me hot, but man did that very scene have me wanting to jump his bones. (I wonder if something like that, seeing a man nurturing a child like that, makes a woman's inner workings get all revved up, like in a cave-woman "he makes good father, have him fertilize your eggs" sort of way?)

Anyway. Life is getting somewhat back to normal now, now that I'm back home and everything. And nothing physically happened between me and the hot man friend, and I have no idea if I'll ever see him again or not. But I sure do hope I will. Because that man, that incredible awesome unbelievable man, got my internal engines, that had been cooled off for a very long time now, all hot and revved up again. Such that I'm entirely too aware of my body and all the little sensations you feel when you're first really attracted to a person and start fantasizing about getting it on with him.

So here's hoping that this Thanksgiving holiday works out well for all of us ... that my brother in law will be even better than new soon, once he's up and going again, and that I maybe possibly perhaps laid some good foundation myself to get my own life up and going and better than ever again. Soon, if I'm lucky.

1 comment:

Aunty Christ said...

Man, I love that anticipation of getting it on thing. You need to see him again! What's he doing for Xmas? New Years? President's Day? MLK Day?