Monday, October 13, 2008

Facebook

Ok, I know I'm on the slow track here, just now talking about how I'm just now getting a little bit into Facebook. I opened an account on Facebook a couple years ago I guess, but I didn't really do anything much with it until recently. Recently, I have re-connected with six old friends from high school on it. And while I don't expect to suddenly be best friends again with old high school friends I'd already grown apart from after all these years, nevertheless, it is kind of cool - - I mean, I knew these particular six people really well, and hadn't thought of some of them in a decade; so it's kind of interesting to suddenly get these friend requests, and do the little catch-up email, and find out where they all are and what they're all doing. And I guess in a way it does make me a little bit nostalgic; not nostalgic for high school, oh God no, but nostalgic for friendships that really seemed special back when they existed, and for friends who are genuinely interesting people.

Or maybe I'm just really really really bored with life in this armpit of a city, and missing the good friends I had here at one time who all seem to have moved away. Yeah, that might be it. But Facebook's still kinda cool, though.

5 comments:

the default attorney said...

I think it's fun to chat with old high school friends on FV. It's always available and requires little to no commitment. Perfect!

Did you come to California yet?

sadielady said...

Yes, I got back a few days ago - it was fantastic! I'll probably post something about it soon. I only wish that I had been there longer; there were so many parts of San Diego that I briefly glimpsed and wished I had time to explore at my leisure, but between the conference (and getting sick for 24 hours, ugh!) and the shortness of the trip, there was only so much I could see and do. But I came away with a great impression, and I would totally go back and visit again and do more if I ever have the opportunity.

Unknown said...

Yeah, but did you go to In-n-Out?

JLee said...

You need more pics though ;)

Anonymous said...

I'm doing the same thing this week with facebook. I'm 42 and was skeptical but I find I'm having a blast